Chicken, Bacon & Leek Cottage Pie Recipe.
- CARBS 53G
- PROTEIN 66G
- FAT 32G
- SUGAR 8G
Total Calories: 735
- Olive Oil ( 1 Table spoon)
- 1 Chicken Breast (cut into chunks)
- Bacon Lardons (25G)
- 1 Leek (cut into chunks)
- Double Cream (2 Table spoons)
- Plain Flour – White (1 Table spoon)
- Chicken Stock (250ml)
- 1 Potato (Boiled & mashed)
- Parsley (1 handful of fresh parsley)
- Cheese (12.5G)
- Fry the chicken & lardons in the olive oil until browning.
- add Leek and fry for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Scatter on flour and stir until mixed.
- Gradually add chicken stock and cook for 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Stir in Double creme and season with parsley, once well mixed set to one side.
- Chop and boil the potato until soft, once complete drain, mash and add half of the cheese cheese.
- Pour mixture into large baking tray, then add the mashed potato, spreading evenly.
- sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Pre-heat the grill and add the baking tray. Cook until golden !
Optional – Add carrots and broccoli then season with salt and pepper to add taste.
This will also provide vitamin A & C, Calcium and Iron into the meal.